Monday, 13 April 2009

13 April 2009
I enjoyed a beautiful Easter Weekend. The weather has been fantastic. Last time I was in Germany attending the NCO academy in 1997 in rained for six weeks straight. I didn’t think you could have a week of blue skies and sunshine. The country side is absolutely gorgeous right now. The young leaves are breaking out on trees and many are covered in blossoms. On Friday I had to do my part so I got a large planter, potting soil, and several flowers to put in it so now I have some spring color in front of the house.
One thing I’ve never seen before is Easter Trees. All around my neighborhood people have decorated trees with Easter Eggs. I’ve included a few pictures. They started decorating their trees a couple weeks ago. Easter is a big holiday here. All the stores are closed on Good Friday and then again today.
Saturday I drove to Tripstadt, a small town near me on the top of the hills. It was a beautiful drive with a winding road the Mazda 6 enjoyed a great deal also. Germany is truly a nation of driving enthusiasts. I have never seen so many motorcycles on the road. A good number of them were bullet bikes with riders in full leathers taking the curves as fast as they could. I think Jim and Cindy would really enjoy biking vacation here. There is also a lot mountain bike paths so you could have a ton fun whether you ride a motorcycle or power one on your own.
I took some pictures in Tripstadt, mostly of the two old churches there and of a WWII memorial. It’s posted for your enjoyment.
On a sad note, Ryan and Erika’s grandfather passed away on Friday. Please remember them in your prayers.
I look forward to seeing all of you in just a month and half!
Don


The Easter Trees













WWII Memorial in Tripstadt



















I assume this is St. Joseph



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment