I loved the mix of old and new in this picture.

Gargolyes are cool rain spouts.






Great place to stroll, shop and eat. I look forward to brining my sweet Lyn here.







Blog 30 May 2009
I can almost taste the airline food I am so close to coming home! Wow I can’t wait to see everyone again! Today I finally got around to walking around central Kaiserslautern instead of just driving through it. You all really have to come over and experience just strolling down the shopping plaza and stopping for refreshing drink or snack at an outdoor cafĂ© in the cool shade. As normal for me I snapped pictures of a couple churches. All German towns, not matter the size seem to have at least two churches; on Catholic and one Protestant. The Jehovah Witnesses that stop by occasionally tell me that Germans are not a real religious people anymore, I can’t say one way or the other, but I can say that no matter the size of the town there are generally two churches.
This week I have had the blessing of visiting an older sister in my Ward that fell in her garden and badly broke her leg. She has been in the hospital for a week now waiting for the swelling in her leg go down so the surgeons can rebuild her knee. I took he husband to visit her Tuesday and after I fed the missionaries last night I took them with me to visit her again. She is worried about how the operation will go, but always expresses faith in Heavenly Father. She is from this area of Germany, and as a young woman married an American GI, and they are still married. Last night we talked about how important it is to work hard at having a good marriage and trying to make your spouse happy.
31 May
Today I was called, sustained and set apart as the 1st councilor in the bishopric. I really did not see that coming, but I guess you never do. I am grateful for the chance to serve the Lord and the members of the ward in this capacity.
See you all soon,
Don
Gargolyes are cool rain spouts.
Great place to stroll, shop and eat. I look forward to brining my sweet Lyn here.
Blog 30 May 2009
I can almost taste the airline food I am so close to coming home! Wow I can’t wait to see everyone again! Today I finally got around to walking around central Kaiserslautern instead of just driving through it. You all really have to come over and experience just strolling down the shopping plaza and stopping for refreshing drink or snack at an outdoor cafĂ© in the cool shade. As normal for me I snapped pictures of a couple churches. All German towns, not matter the size seem to have at least two churches; on Catholic and one Protestant. The Jehovah Witnesses that stop by occasionally tell me that Germans are not a real religious people anymore, I can’t say one way or the other, but I can say that no matter the size of the town there are generally two churches.
This week I have had the blessing of visiting an older sister in my Ward that fell in her garden and badly broke her leg. She has been in the hospital for a week now waiting for the swelling in her leg go down so the surgeons can rebuild her knee. I took he husband to visit her Tuesday and after I fed the missionaries last night I took them with me to visit her again. She is worried about how the operation will go, but always expresses faith in Heavenly Father. She is from this area of Germany, and as a young woman married an American GI, and they are still married. Last night we talked about how important it is to work hard at having a good marriage and trying to make your spouse happy.
31 May
Today I was called, sustained and set apart as the 1st councilor in the bishopric. I really did not see that coming, but I guess you never do. I am grateful for the chance to serve the Lord and the members of the ward in this capacity.
See you all soon,
Don
No comments:
Post a Comment