Monday, 25 May 2009

These are pictures of my Memorial Day hike




















Did prehistoric man shelter here?

































It’s been a few weeks since I updated the blog. Life has settled into a routine and I doubt most of you would care to hear about that. Last Saturday, 16 May I drove to the Frankfurt temple by myself and I didn’t get lost, which was really cool, but sort of disgusting when I saw how close I came the first time I tried and never found it. Doubly disgusting when I noted that the road signs I drove past the first time actual have “Tempel” (that’s how it’s spelled here) on them and I just drove past without noticing the first time around. Perhaps it was the odd spelling that threw me off. Of course I forgot to take my camera. I helped with youth doing baptisms for the dead which I always enjoy. It’s a good feeling. Seeing the youth involved in temple work.
Of course to keep me grounded after the success of finding the temple I went to the Frankfurt airport and picked up a new employee yesterday. Now this is a drive I know pretty well due to the fact that I’ve flown out of there three times AND you drive past it going to and from the temple. I still managed to miss a crucial exit on the way back and had to take a little longer jaunt with some twists and turns in unknown territory, but we still made it back in good fashion. A car GPS is sounding better and better…
Today’s photos are from a little hiking area about 20 minutes from my house. It’s a beautiful place and the photos speak for their selves. I kept an eye out for fish in the stream, but didn’t see any. This would be a fun place to visit with any of you that should choose to come see us here.
I’m finally allowing myself to be excited about coming home and seeing my family (all of you) again. Early on in the separation I simply don’t think about it, too far away to torturous, but now it will happen next week and I can’t contain the excitement!
See you all soon,
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment