Today I visited a couple of German stores. The Pratiker which is equivalent to Home Depot and Globus which is sort of Wal-Mart with a way better bakery, produce and fresh meat and fish section. I bought some smoked mackerel just to make Lyn jealous. We bought it all the time in England and I'm happy to be able to find it again. I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken some photos of the fresh beef tongue in the meat case. Well no I wouldn't have. Just go look at your in the mirror and picture it a hundred bigger and you'll get the image.
The other big event this week was my government travel card arrived, I should visit England and Turkey in March. Work is going well. I really enjoy my job and I actually like going to work in the morning. What a change from my last job!
I've started volunteering time at the churches family history center. It's twice a month for three hours. It seems like a good thing to do with my time.
Until next week's adventure,
Don
No comments:
Post a Comment