skip to main | skip to sidebar

Keeping up with the Browns

Saturday, 21 February 2009

It was a mixed results Saturday for Don. I drove to Frankfurt to go to the temple, but you’ll notice I have no pictures of the temple posted. I got to Frankfurt just fine and found the little village the temple is in…I think. I never did find the temple. It looked simple enough on the map, but there is one hitch to maps and directions in Germany. I needed to get on road labeled “B455.” B roads are common here. It’s also common that B roads are only labeled on maps. You never see a sign when you’re driving calling it a B455 or B40 or B38 or whatever. The road always has a name like Tripstadtstrasse. So basically you got to know the real name of the road or you’re out of luck. I was out of luck. The drive on the autobahn was fun. There are long stretches where there truly is no speed limit. It was locked in and cruising at 90 mph and Germans were still blowing past me. I tried running my car up to 105 mph. It felt solid and comfortable, but I kept thinking “man this has to be burning up some gas” so I kept it around 90. Any way I got home in time to make the short drive over to Frankenstein. It is a tiny little place that comes complete with a ruined castle on the hill. I hiked up to the castle and got a bunch of pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

















































Posted by Don Brown at 10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Mormon Channel

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2009 (19)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ▼  February (5)
      • It was a mixed results Saturday for Don. I drove t...
      • The walking trail in the woodsAbove is the field ...
      • Pictures of our empty house
      • blog Up 7 Feb 2009

About Me

My photo
Don Brown
View my complete profile